I’ve received two nominations for something called the Liebster Award this summer. At first, I though it was some sort of scam, so I checked it out (Google it for yourself). It turns out that it is a real thing! It is an online award, given from one blogger to another, to encourage small blogs (200 followers or less) to keep going and assures them that somewhere out there someone is reading their posts and enjoying them.
Wow…you can imagine how excited I was to receive this acknowledgment from a complete stranger! SOMEONE (hopefully more than ONE person) is actually reading what I write. Thank you to Little Bunny & Bear for the first nomination!
The nomination does require some work, so I put it on the “back burner” all summer…until I received a second nomination a few days ago from Simply Vanella.
Here’s how it works…
Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
Ensure all of these bloggers have fewer than 200 followers.
Answer the questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
Lastly, copy these rules in your post.
Here are the first questions I was given to answer…
1. What was the title and topic of your first blog post? The title was “valentine sweets” and it was about a cookie decorating party I hosted for my daughter and her friends.
2. If you’re not already in your dream job, what would it be and why? Of course, I always envisioned myself as a full-time mother to my children. However, I think I would have studied interior decorating or graphic design (instead of elementary education) if I could go to college again. Maybe when my girls have left the nest…
3. Heels or flats? I should wear heels because I’m so short (5′ 2″), but I’m more comfortable in flats.
4. Whats your favourite TV series? So hard to choose one…Scandal, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Modern Family, Friends.
5. Whats the one make-up item/ product you couldn’t live without? Lipstick…it is the first thing I put on everyday!
6. What is your favourite flower? Pink tulips
7. What would you like to achieve by the end of this year? Open an etsy shop and begin selling some of the diy items that I blog about, and of course lose 20 pounds or so.
8. What is one thing you love about yourself? My green eyes…people tell me they are very expressive.
9. What makes you happy? Knowing my girls are happy…then I feel like I’ve been successful as a mom! Of course with girls, this changes daily.
10. Out of the 4 seasons, what is your favourite and why? I love the fall…cooler temps, pumpkins, apple picking, Halloween costumes, mums, chili, and football games.
My second set of questions that I answered…
1. What was your favorite thing to do as a child? I loved going to Kings Island, which is funny because I HATE roller coasters.
2. How old were you when you had your first kiss? I was 13 (which now seems very young to me considering that I have two teenage daughters).
3. What is your pet peeve? People who are rude to others.
4. Coffee or tea? Tea…both types. I start everyday with a cup (or two) of hot tea, and then I switch to iced tea the rest of the day.
5. If you had to choose one craft to do for the rest of your life, what one would you choose and why? I would have to say scrapbooking, not necessarily because it is my favorite, but because it will take me THAT long to catch up on my girls’ scrapbooks!!
This was the really fun part…checking out other people’s blogs to form my list of ones I wanted to nominate. There is so much creativity out there! Now for my nominations (drumroll please)…
Now the questions for my nominees…
- Why did you begin blogging?
- What is your dream vacation?
- Would you prefer to bake or cook?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is your idea of a perfect day?
- Beer or wine?
- What is your biggest regret in life?
- Favorite color?
- What is your favorite food indulgence?
- If you could have dinner with anyone (living or deceased), who would it be and why?
Like I said, this was A LOT of work (and I didn’t even craft or plan a party) to write this blog post. Thanks for reading it today! Hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about me, and be sure to check out those blogs I nominated!