Fall weather arrived this past weekend. Not the cool morning and sunny afternoon kind of weather…but the much cooler, blustery, windy, gray sky kind of day. We all knew it was coming, but I wasn’t quite prepared since it was only the first weekend in October.
When I say I wasn’t prepared, I truly wasn’t prepared. Miss C outgrew her heavier coat last spring, so I passed it on to a friend for her daughter. With the cooler temps arriving, I knew it was time to shop for a new coat!
I narrowed it down to five coats that I liked (very important since I will see her wearing this for at least the next six months), and I let her choose the one she liked best.
- I love this pink puffer coat from Gap Kids. The color is so soft, and it is water-resistant, warm, and not bulky. An added bonus…it was 40% off this weekend.
2. This long puffer coat (available in gray, grape, or navy) from crewcuts is darling. I love the feminine touch of the grosgrain ribbon belt, and its longer length will cover more of her on those cold winter days. She actually had this coat in bright pink a few years ago…obviously I loved it since I offered it as one of her choices for this year.
3. This ring of ruffles puffer coat from chasing fireflies is just adorable! I love the layers of ruffles around the hem and the detachable hood and faux fur collar. It combines style with comfort and warmth. Another bonus…25% off friends and family sale going on now.
4. Another ruffle coat from chasing fireflies…love the color choices, but no hood. But still, those ruffles are adorable!
5. This shiny long puffer coat from Gap Kids is so grown-up looking…like a mini version of my own coat. I love the belt, and the color will not show the remnants of playing outside at recess.
After presenting all the options to Miss C, it was decision time…
Once decided, the coat was ordered and it should arrive this week. Of course, it is suppose to warm back up into the mid 70’s …however I will be prepared for the next cold, windy, blustery fall day we have.
Sooooo which coat did she choose?